Friday, June 29, 2007

Konnyaku & Bento



My son, making a funny face at the bright flash of the camera, or posing ... drinking warm milk out of a tea cup. He loves it because the cup is just his size!


I finally, finally bought molds to use with the konnyaku jelly mix my mother gave me from Malaysia. This stuff ... hardens WAY too fast!!! I painted over some with food coloring. Aren't they just so darned cute?


A closeup of the kitty face! The mold is all about cats and cat related things. There was a dog one too but I thought these were cuter. Nya~


Using the fish mold my mum gave me as well. There was way too much mix in the package!

This was tonight's dinner bento. I know, I know it doesn't look like much either but it took me a whole freakin day! We went to the park at around 11am after he finished his breakfast, then I went shopping for new bento toys (about 60 bucks worth of scissors, stampers and molds) then came home and worked on the wonton goldfish, gave Stewie lunch, worked on the spinach. By that time it was 3pm, and hubby came home, while Stewie was napping. Made the rice, packed everything nicely ... then went to start my surveys. By that time it was 6pm and Stewie woke up from nap, and so I went upstairs to play with him a little bit. But I ended up passing out instead! And now awake at 11pm. >_<>
Close up of the domokuns ... haha, yeah I know the cheese isn't uniform, but I was trying to work fast.
There's spinach on the upper left. My gripe is there wasn't enough veggies, but hubby doesn't like em, and there's only so much that Stewie will eat that is raw vegetables. He hates cherry tomatoes, and has spit out all the non-pureed veges I've fed him. The crowning glory though, is that my husband did in fact polish off his ENTIRE bento box. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! The jellies are soooo kawaii ne! I adored the neko , too delicious to eat!

ありがとうございました :D

pixen

Gwendolynne said...

ty ty :D