Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mayorer

You know in the past there was a craze in Japan where people put mayonnaise on everything? Maki wrote about it on her blog, and I thought, hmm ... I think I will fit in very well, since I put mayo on a lot of things as well. My favorite of course is Kewpie, but it gets expensive, so I enjoy the Fat Free Kraft mayo as well. There is a slight texture difference in the fat free kind. It feels lighter, fluffier and less creamy on the tongue, and slightly more sour (?) but overall nothing different. Plus it's healthier! Ha ... well not really.

So far I've seen people look at me oddly when I eat:

French fries with mayo
Corndogs/Hot dogs with mayo
Spaghetti with mayo
Rice with mayo (but to be fair california temaki is rice, ebikko, vege, and mayo)
and of course, not to sound trailer-parkish ... but mayo sandwich!

Am I a "mayorer"? I think so!

---

I'm currently hunting for a Zojirushi rice cooker, so anyone out there who has experience with these rice cookers, please enlighten me on the ones with the best value. My rice cooker has not been working right ever since Stewie climbed the dining table and flung it to the floor. -_-; And yes, I have my rice cooker right on my dining table for easy access. ke ... ke.

No comments: